Role Player World Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Iron Man 2: Confirmed!

~*Siren*~
    ~*Siren*~
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Female
    Cancer Tiger
    Number of posts : 68
    Hobbies : music, swimming, fighting
    Humor : I'm spuncky tight fist girl who gets into lot of trouble.
    World Account : 2924500
    Registration date : 2008-03-25

Iron Man 2: Confirmed! Empty Iron Man 2: Confirmed!

Post by ~*Siren*~ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Jon Favreau planned Iron Man as the first in a trilogy, and has signed on all the original actors. Favreau believed the sequel will allow a latitude in tone, and explore darker story elements such as alcoholism, which he intentionally set aside from the first film. Downey noted "the next one is about what do you do with the rest of your life once you've completely changed. [...] I think the drinking and all that stuff would be a good way to confront his age, to confront his doubts, to confront the fact that maybe Pepper gets a boyfriend." Downey and Favreau met with Shane Black, who suggested they model Stark on Robert Oppenheimer, who became depressed with being "the destroyer of worlds" after working on the Manhattan Project. Terrence Howard added this would be the manner in which his character would become War Machine, like in the comics, replacing Iron Man when Stark succumbed to alcoholism. Favreau perceived depicting Iron Man's nemesis, the Mandarin, as a challenge, as he finds the use of the character as a metaphor for communism dated. He did work references to the Mandarin into the first movie, primarily with the terrorist organization named the Ten Rings.

The day after the film's opening weekend, Marvel Entertainment announced an April 2010 release date for Iron Man 2. Howard stated filming is set to begin in March 2009. Justin Theroux is writing the script. The release date was changed to May 7, 2010 in September 2008. Favreau has revealed their version of the Mandarin "allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains", while SHIELD will continue to have a major role. Their depiction of Stark's alcoholism will not be "the Leaving Las Vegas version". Adi Granov will return to supervise the armor designs. Filming will primarily take place at Raleigh Studios in Manhattan Beach, California.
    Crimsonpimp
    Crimsonpimp
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Male
    Gemini Horse
    Number of posts : 51
    Hobbies : Football, basketball, video games
    Humor : Just you typical nice guy
    My Mood : Iron Man 2: Confirmed! Ml9110
    World Account : 2925500
    Registration date : 2008-03-22

Iron Man 2: Confirmed! Empty Re: Iron Man 2: Confirmed!

Post by Crimsonpimp Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:13 am

The first one rock but I'm still a little nervous about the squeal. Director always manage to mess up the 2 movie of a trilogy.
    ~%Poseidon1100
    ~%Poseidon1100
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Male
    Gemini Monkey
    Number of posts : 34
    Hobbies : biking, running, fooball, write, help others
    Humor : I guess you can say iI'm pretty regular guy. Nothing really speacil about me.
    My Mood : Iron Man 2: Confirmed! Ml9610
    World Account : 2906000
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by ~%Poseidon1100 Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:02 am

Yeah I have to agree. You never know with director's they tend to never see the oblivous solution to make a movie great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 pm