Role Player World Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fruits Basket - Do You Lke It?

Yoruichi27~+
    Yoruichi27~+
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Female
    Taurus Tiger
    Number of posts : 50
    Hobbies : Jogging. biking riding, hanging out with friends, what ever interests me
    Humor : I genrally a nice person who like to meet new people and hang out with friends. I'm very out going.
    World Account : 2906000
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Fruits Basket - Do You Lke It? Empty Fruits Basket - Do You Lke It?

Post by Yoruichi27~+ Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:38 am

Plot

Fruits Basket follows the life of high-school student Tohru Honda, who was recently orphaned when her mother, Kyoko Honda, died in a car accident. After that, Tohru lived with her grandfather, but when his house needs remodeling, Tohru resorts to living in a tent in a forest and holds down a job to support herself. Despite suffering many hardships, Tohru remains optimistic.

One day, Tohru comes upon a house in the forest that is the home of her classmate Yuki Sohma and his cousin Shigure Sohma. When the Sohmas discover that Tohru is living in a tent, they are quite surprised by her inner strength. The entire area is Sohma property, and Tohru asks to be allowed to stay in her tent (affectionately dubbed "her castle"). Feeling sorry for her and desperate to end their bachelor days of filthy living conditions, the Sohmas offer her their spare room in exchange for cooking and housework. After a landslide buries her tent, including her mother's picture and school clothes, she has no option but to accept. Soon after she moves in, Kyo Sohma comes to challenge Yuki.

Tohru soon discovers the Sohma family's secret, and the reason why Yuki is so private and secretive at school: thirteen members of the family are possessed by the 12 animal spirits of the Chinese Zodiac (jyūnishi in Japanese) plus the spirit of the cat who was, according to legend, left out of the Zodiac. They transform into animals when hugged by the opposite sex or when put under a great deal of emotional or physical stress (such as being sick). When she promises to keep their secret, the Sohmas allow Tohru to keep her memories rather than hypnotically erasing them, a fate that had previously befallen anyone not "Inside" the Sohma family who had discovered the secret.

The story follows the lives of Tohru and the Sohma family, as they deal with each other and a society where neither quite fits in, as well as the feared Akito Sohma, head of the Sohma family. Soon, after living with the Sohma family she began to like, then love, all of the Sohmas, and sets out to break the zodiac curse
    Yuffiegirl14
    Yuffiegirl14
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Female
    Aries Pig
    Number of posts : 21
    Favorite Color : Red
    World Account : 2908750
    Registration date : 2008-04-25

Fruits Basket - Do You Lke It? Empty Re: Fruits Basket - Do You Lke It?

Post by Yuffiegirl14 Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:29 am

I love the anime. Though I have to say I have never read the manga. But it's most likely just as good.
    %Nova
    %Nova
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Female
    Leo Buffalo
    Number of posts : 19
    Hobbies : Multi task
    Humor : Everything a girl should be
    Favorite Color : Black
    World Account : 2864000
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

Post by %Nova Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 am

I've been watching it on the funimation channel. It's pretty good. I think it's like one of my all time favorites.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am